As you get older, living safely and comfortably in the home that you love is a top priority. A new service from the Hartford HealthCare Center for Healthy Aging can make aging in place a reality, at least for a little longer. The Center’s Home Safety Solutions program can be a first step before hiring a caregiver or considering a move to senior housing or assisted living.
Home Safety Solutions offers technological devices that can promote independence, safety and improved quality of life for seniors, including:
- Medical Alert Systems – a fast, easy and affordable way to get help for a medical issue, fall, fire or any event that requires an emergency response.
- Medicine Management – smart, secure and affordable pillboxes ensure the right dose of medications at the right time.
- Fall & Wander Prevention – tools to alert caregivers of a potential fall or wandering event.
- Remote Monitoring technology – offers caregivers peace of mind when they can’t be there in person.
- Home & Fire Safety – protects your home from stove and microwave fires.
- Devices that use lights and vibration to help support those who are hearing impaired.
The Hartford HealthCare Center for Healthy Aging provides complimentary assessments to identify supports and resources to help older adults reach their optimal quality of life.