With summer heating up and vacations already starting, it can be difficult to stick to a regular fitness routine.
Michelle Boisvert, an exercise physiologist with Hartford HealthCare’s GoodLife Fitness program, has a few tips that will help you stay on track despite your busy schedule. Working out gives you more energy, helps you lose weight, improves your circulation and your mood, tones your muscles and makes you healthier, says Boisvert.
All it takes are a few simple tricks to help you stay focused.
- Be Consistent: No exercise program in the world works if you don’t do it consistently
- Follow an Effective Exercise Routine: Strength Training, Interval Training, Cardio/Aerobic Exercise
- Set Realistic Goals
- Use the Buddy System
- Make Your Plan Fit Your Life: You don’t need fancy exercise gear and gyms to get fit.
- Be Happy: Be sure to pick an activity you actually enjoy doing.
- Watch the Clock: Your body clock, that is. Try to work out at the time you have the most energy.
- Call in the Pros: Especially if you’re first getting started, have a professional assessment to determine what types of exercise you need most.
- Get Inspired: Fitness is a state of mind
- Be Patient: Remember, even if you follow all these tips, there will be ups and downs, setbacks and victories. Hang in there, and you’ll see solid results.
For more information about Hartford HealthCare’s GoodLife Fitness program, click here.