Here’s a colorful, flavorful recipe, courtesy of the American Cancer Society, that combines smoky chipotle pepper with lean ground turkey breast, red cabbage and fresh cilantro.
Turkey & Red Cabbage Tortillas With Chipotle Sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle, divided use
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and coat both sides of the tortillas with nonstick cooking spray. Working in batches, cook tortillas 1 minute on each side or until just beginning to brown. Set aside and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Add the turkey to the skillet with 1/2 teaspoon of the ground chipotle and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned, stirring frequently and breaking up larger pieces while cooking.
- Meanwhile, stir together the sour cream and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon equal amounts of the turkey mixture onto each tortilla and top with the sour cream mixture, shredded cabbage, and cilantro.
Fat: 7 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 75 mg
Sodium: 95 mg
Carbohydrate: 28 g
Dietary fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 3 g
Protein: 34 g